RHS Garden Harlow Carr in Harrogate, North Yorkshire

RHS Garden Harlow Carr in Harrogate, North Yorkshire is a great visit and today the sun shone all day, the bees emerged, and one could see the plants opening out to welcome spring. So here are the highlights.


I'm no great lover of heathers though ....


Catkins can be as good as blossom


"Anna's Red" and certainly on my newly created shopping list


Another of those catkins


Skimmia japonica "Red Diamonds"


The head only of the towering reed sculpture


Kale "Redbor" is tasty too


Primula palinuro


Primula allionii 'Mrs Dyas'


Primula 'Joan Hughes'


Primula allionii ' Apple Blossom'


Saxifraga species and my favourite today


Olsynium douglasii 


Primula 'Netta Dennis'


 Dionysia aretioides 'Bevere' and spectacular


Fritillaria raddeana


Draba yunnanensis


Cornus mas - a mass of blossom


We had a visitor at lunch


Location for lunch


Visitor 2
 And please visit my Instagram pages via this link.

2 comments:

  1. Trying to catch up among blogs... what a beautiful, refreshing view of spring! I always did want heathers, but have never gardened in a really appropriate climate ;-) I love the looks of that Fritillaria raddeana; it seems quite graceful in comparison with the imperialis types.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up is hard and personally I feel I have a few too many balls in the air. Spring is a time for growing and I suppose the daylight hours are increasing.

    ReplyDelete

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'