Galanthus in Variety

I started this blog in order to catalogue my snowdrops and keep a check on their progress. In that spirit here follow vignettes of some of those in flower when I toured the garden this afternoon on returning home from visiting Felley Priory, of which more tomorrow. I am sure I will also write more on the varieties covered here as time allows. One thing I did have reiterated at Felley was the great similarity of many varieties when in the garden. To distinguish the differences one has to get up close and personal. Whether the differences are worth the extra money I rather doubt particularly with some of the new yellow snowdrops being released to the market amid frenzied expense.

Galanthus plicatus 'Sarah Dumont'  

Galanthus 'Franz Josef'

Galanthus 'Glenchantress'

Galanthus 'Lady Beatrix Stanley'

Galanthus 'Lapwing' 

Galanthus 'Spindlestone Surprise'

Galanthus nivalis 'Springwood Park'

Galanthus 'Uncle Dick'

Galanthus plicatus 'Wandlebury Ring'

Galanthus 'Wasp'

Galanthus 'Wendy's Gold'
Galanthus 'Falkland House'

 Galanthus "Fatty Puff” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'