Olden, Norway, 27th May, 2013

Our trip to Olden on the cruise ship "Azura" was remarkable for the scenery and weather. Olden was a particular favourite. As this is a blog on plants and gardens, I'm not attempting a travelogue but it occurs to me how ambitious I would be with my garden were I to live in such a stunningly beautiful valley.


Astonishingly we moored a few yards from the bright timber houses.
 

I asked the guy tending to the grounds of the church the name of the "weed" that coated the fields but he only had the Norwegian word for the flowers. I have seen them in British fields but have still not learnt their name.





A close-up of the "weed"




Olden had a beauty and grandeur to rival Switzerland or Austria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And remembering .....

Galanthus 'Mighty Atom'